Thursday 25 April 2013

Eastern Promise- name change?

Ive been thinking about the name of my A/W 14 trend, which i have been referring to as Eastern Promise, and looking at my mood board and research content- i see that i have been heavily influenced by mainly African culture. the tribal patterns and the colours and patterns of native animals have made my mood board and influenced me for my styling shoot. but i have used indian culture to influence me also, so i am going to keep the name "Eastern Promise" as i have been influenced by the Eastern part of the world- including tribal cultures, so i don't want to single out this trend by calling it African tribe (for example) because this trend still has an Indian reference. So all in all- Eastern Promise has been inspired by Eastern culture, but uses the main colours associated with African culture- red & orange. But red is also significant in Indian culture, so i want to keep the name open to all eastern cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment